The North Carolina Child Care Commission will hold its Fourth Quarter Meeting on Monday, April 9, 2018 at the Dix Grill Employee Center, 1101 Cafeteria Drive, Raleigh, NC. The meeting will begin at 9:00 a.m. A public hearing for these rules was held on February 12 on proposed rules for rated licenses, administrative actions, civil penalties, and criminal records check in accordance with the periodic review of rules process. The comment period ends on April 3. The Commission may adopt these rules and their fiscal notes during this meeting. Please see the directions and map to the Dix Grill Employee center.
Each year, approximately 60,000 young children are treated in our nation’s emergency rooms due to accidental unsupervised medication ingestion. Safe Kids Worldwide compares this to approximately four busloads of children per day visiting the emergency room because they took medication on their own. In fact, 95 percent of medication-related emergency room visits among children under age five are due to a child ingesting medication while unsupervised (the other 5% are due to dosing errors). Each year, 56 children ages fourteen and younger die from unintentional medication overdose. This is an alarming number of children dying from preventable deaths.
Training Modules Available Online
The Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) is excited to be able to share additional information about the October 2017 child care rule changes in several online training modules. The rules that went into effect October 2017 included new rules, revised rules, and rules that were moved to new sections (renumbered). In view of these many changes, DCDEE has created online training modules to share information about the rules in a clear and consistent manner.
Every facility must have both!
Did you know that October is Fire Safety Month? We make lists all the time at home and at work - what needs to be done, how to do it, who needs to be involved. But all too often there is not a list to ensure full preparedness for fire safety. Prevention and planning are key to safe evacuation!